This year has been one of the toughest of my life. I have been through some crazy ups a downs, but I still find myself thinking of things to be thankful for this holiday season. No matter how bad things have gotten for me, there has always been a silver lining. I have struggled at some points to find the good in the bad. But I found it. This year is drawing to a close, and I almost made it. I get to put the crappy years of 2015/16 behind me and move on.
- My family. Yes, this year we took a major hit, but no matter hell or high water each and every member of my immediate family has been there for me. They are my support system, my rocks, the reason I keep going.
- My friends. They come and go, but I have been lucky enough to meet my best friend, who I know is not going anywhere. I have a good core group of friends that would do absolutely anything for me, and I them, and they get me through the crappy days. They remind me it’s going to be okay.
- My university. Sometimes I complain about this lovely school, but it has given me opportunities unlike any other university could. It is giving me an amazing education and setting me up fantastically for my future.
- My cats. They’re cute and lovable, and there for me when I just need someone to not talk back to me. They rock.
- My health. I am one healthy munchkin. * knocks on wood * Cannot afford for that to change. I can run around and do whatever the heck I want, within reason, and be okay. Being young and able is wonderful.
- Love. Some days I am pretty cynical, but I really need to let that go. Love rocks and makes my heart happy. I cannot fault the feeling just because I haven’t had luck with it lately. One day.
- Music and books. These are my escapes from reality, my safe haven when I am under their influence.
Remember how much there is to be thankful for, you never know when you could lose it. Give thanks this holiday season.